I’ve been asked how to stay in the Disney mood during down times, blah days and just for inspiration when needed. As we hit our 40-day countdown, I’m happy to share some of the things we do to get in, and stay in, the Disney mood.
First is our collection of Disney music. Music from the movies, TV shows and theme parks take up a huge chunk of my iPod and iTunes library. An easy way to get the magic going. I keep a selection of our favourites in the playlist on the right for you to enjoy.
Second, I listen to Disney podcasts on a daily basis. Some come out weekly, some more and less often; but I always have some ready to listen to every day (even going back to older past episodes. These are great shows giving excellent information and they all entertain while informing. I can highly recommend all of the podcasts on my list below to you. I start with my “Top 6” and then list, in no particular order, all of the podcasts I listen to weekly; all are available on iTunes.
- The WDW Radio Show – My number 1 can’t miss podcast. Hosted by the amazing Lou Mongello, a true Disney ‘genius’. I’ve listened to WDW Radio from its beginning; having been a huge fan of Lou’s since the days of the long-gone and fondly remembered MouseTunes podcast. Lou is my favourite source of Disney information and he has many rotating regular guests (Jim Korkis, Tim Foster, Beci Mahnken and others) who bring an excellent mix of Disney History, current news, reviews, travel tips, ‘Top Tens’ and just plain fun to every episode. Lou is the author of The Walt Disney World Trivia Books (Volumes 1 and 2) and the Producer/Host of the Audio Guides to Walt Disney World. He also hosts a weekly live video Disney Newscast every Wednesday at 7:30pm ET. No one I know pursues their dream with a passion quite like Lou does, and his Disney credos of “If we can dream it, we can do it.” and “Keep moving forward.” are ones we follow as we move forward with our Dream.
- WDW Today – My number 2 can’t miss podcast. Matt Hochberg, Mike Newell, Mike Scopa, Len Testa, Annette Owens and an unlimited number of special guest hosts provide first-rate information and reviews along with current news. They answer listener questions on a variety of subjects and always know their stuff.
Matt Hotchberg also hosts several Hollywood Studios web sites.
Mike Newell also owns and operates MouseWorld Radio (www.mouseworldradio.com), a great online radio station for Disney music and theme park music lovers.
Mike Scopa is a regular contributor at AllEars.net.
Len Testa is the co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (a must read) and creates the touring plans available at TouringPlans.com.
- Be Our Guest WDW Podcast – My number 3 can’t miss podcast and another I’ve listened to WDW Radio from its beginning. The BOGP team of Mike, Rikki, Pam, and Debbie are always entertaining and informative combining reviews with ‘how to’ and trip reviews from many guests. Mike also runs the Magical Mouse Radio station on Live365, an awesome collection of Disney music and Park Loops.
- Betamouse – An awesome podcast for those of us who are both Disney and tech geeks.
- PassPorter’s Disney and Beyond – If you are a fan of the PassPorter guides or just want to listen to a family-driven show bringing you family-friendly tips on WDW and beyond; this is a ‘must listen’.
- The WDW News Today Podcast – Tom Corless and his group always entertain and inform.
- Disney Film Project Podcast – A great new podcast delivering awesome reviews and in depth discussion of favourite Disney movies.
- WaltCast – An overlooked and underrated podcast featuring interviews with many great celebrities.
- Disneybrit Podcast – A UK-based podcast giving insight into the Disney Parks here and overseas.
- Inside the Magic
- Your MouseCast
- WEDway Radio
- inner mouse
- MouseVent – A seasonal Christmas series of short podcasts from many different Disney podcasters.
- Magical Definition Podcast – Lou Mongello’s former MouseTunes partner, Nathan Rose, hosts this podcast. And if you’re a fan of Jim Hill, he co-hosts this informative show.
- LaughingPlace.com Disney Podcast
- Disney Dudes Podcast- A show with a little “zing”, Wayne and Trace have a very unpredictable format, but this show is strictly ‘Adults only’.
- Magic Never Ends – An occasionally updated podcast/vidcast sharing the Disney Parks Magic through the eyes of a young family.
- The DizFanatic “Ears On Ears” Podcast
- Remember the Magic
- Mr. Frank’s Wild Ride (mrfrankswildrides.com)
- The DIS Unplugged
- WDW Memories Podcast
- WDW Fan Boys Podcast
- Mouse Lounge Podcast
- Character Breakfast – Disney Variety Show
- A Window To The Magic
- Trapped on Vacation
- YWaitDiz – A new podcast that gives info and ride audio from your favourite attractions.
I also enjoy reading many Disney sites, news sites and blogs. My ‘ongoing’ list:
I’ll start off with the one we follow most ardently right now, the blog written by our good friends (and fellow WI to FL relocators) Amy and Craig Petermann.
- WALLE and Eva’s Grand Adventure
- Following A Dream 1181 Miles South
- 2719 Hyperion
- All Ears
- Chip and Co
- Couponing to Disney
- Disney Daddy
- Disney Every Day
- Disney Geek Dad
- Disney Parks Blog
- Disney Shawn
- Growing up Disney
- Imagineering Disney
- Inside the Magic
- It’s A Disney World After All
- Meltdown Free Disney
- Progress City U.S.A.
- Stitch Kingdom
- Studios Central
- The Disney Blog
- The Disney Driven Life
- The Disney Food Blog
- The Disney Obsession
- The Main Street Mouse
- The Unknown Magic Within Walt Disney World
- Touring Plans
- WDW Fanatic Family
- Zip a Dee Doo Dad
And finally, I enjoy the many Tweets and Facebook updates from our many online Disney friends. You all bring smiles to our faces every day. 🙂