This is a continuation of our post from yesterday: another 50 items that made it to our bucket list before our move, and what we have accomplished so far. Our comments are in blue following the line item.
51. Enjoying the streetmosphere entertainment. We love Mulch, Sweat & Shears at the Studios. If you haven’t been able to catch their act yet, you must. Go do it. 🙂
52. Festival of the Masters Not yet. The weather didn’t cooperate last year.
53. Going to the Night of Joy We have not yet attended but definitely want to. This is another example of the noise level being way too loud for Ben.
54. Flower and Garden Festival Neither of us is into gardening a lot, but we enjoy walking through Epcot during Flower & Garden and taking it all in.
55. Holidays Around the World at Epcot We have not purposefully stopped and listened, but we have heard bits and pieces as we’ve walked through World Showcase. We’ve especially heard the Norway rendition quite a bit, as we passed it on the way to Candlelight Processional.
56. Sounds Like Summer at Epcot We have not attended yet.
57. The Candlelight Processional Last year Catie was part of an honor choir with Candlelight Processional and performed at Disney four separate days. We also attended one time after Christmas so that Catie could see it from a non-performer point of view. The narrators we’ve heard have been Neal Patrick Harris, Geena Davis, Amy Grant, Andy Garcia, and Jodi Benson. This year she will be performing once, again with narrator Neal Patrick Harris. I’m sure we will see it a few more times beside. We consider this a new tradition for us at Christmas time. It is absolutely beautiful and brings forth the true spirit of the season.
58. Finding a good Friday fish fry! No, we’ve found a place that may have potential, Wolfy’s in Leesburg, but we haven’t checked it out yet. Friday fish frys are just not the thing down here.
59. Visiting the Kennedy Space Center We went for the first time this March, and plan to go back in December when Nick and Jess visit. It really is a place where you want to be there early in the morning and stay until close, and then you still don’t see everything. We are looking forward to seeing the new Atlantis and Angry Birds exhibits.
60. Riding TTA during Wishes No, we haven’t done this since moving here.
61. Sit at each of the Parks and take time to “people watch” On occasion, especially when we’re at the Parks at close- it’s simply easier to let all the people pass before we head out.
62. MLB Spring Training No.
63. Pick a fresh Florida orange from a tree No, still would love to do this. We do pass orange groves on the way to Disney and love the smell!
64. Go swimming on a warm December day Ben & Catie have– two years ago they were swimming in the pool on Christmas Eve day
65. Enjoy a “work at home day” with Craig Petermann at Epcot No, the Internet connection is not reliable enough.
66. Take a family Christmas picture at WDW I don’t think we have a family picture, but we do have several shots of us separately. Something to make sure to do this year.
67. Earn all the Gowalla WDW stamps and pins Gowalla is no longer around.
68. Be one of “those people” checking in all over Lake Buena Vista with Foursquare Of course.
69. Move in to our new apartment in Clermont Yes!
70. Find the best pizza places in the area Stone Creek Pizza in Clermont, Napolis in Minneola are two of our faves.
71. Our first Saturday library visit to our new “home” library Yes, and we go every Saturday, though we still prefer our library back home in Wisconsin.
72. Stroll the Boardwalk Not yet.
73. Share a Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream with the family It’s definitely going to happen sometime!
74. Wild Africa Trek at AK No
75. Pirates and Pals Fireworks No not as of yet.
76. Backstage Magic Tour No.
77. Family Magic Tour No.
78. Get a haircut at The Harmony Barbershop on Main Street USA No, not yet.
79. The Pirates League with Ben No
80. Keys to the Kingdom Tour No
81. Walk through Fort Wilderness Campgrounds at Christmas to see the campers’ decorations This year, maybe!
82. See a University of Florida football game No
83. Stay in the Magic Kingdom until the wee hours of the morning to enjoy the peace No
84. Orange Bowl Parade on New Year’s Day No
85. Have a holiday sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich Believe it or not, we have not done this yet. We were going to last year, and then the place was absolutely mobbed. Poor timing on our part- but never went back later. Now they are available year round so there is just no excuse!
86. Have a diabetic friendly treat at Babycakes No not yet.
87. Go to Butterfly World No but I’m sure the kids would love it.
88. Swim with the manatees No but still think this would be awesome.
89. Explore Florida’s state parks We have not been in one yet 😦 Though we did find out recently that Lake Louisa rents out cabins to stay in, so this may be a possibility in the near future!
90. Visit the Everglades allligator farm http://www.everglades.com/ Nope
91. Hearing the word blizzard and knows it only refers to a waterpark or a DQ dessert! The nearest DQ to us is in Mount Dora, which is approximately a 30 minute drive from us. And no, we haven’t been to Blizzard Beach yet. But yes, it is wonderful not having to worry about snowy weather!
92. Go to Port Canaveral and watch the Disney ships leave port No but we want to do this. Actually we want to be on the Disney ship leaving the port……
93. Finding all of the local arts and crafts shows and fairs. We have not done this, but there is one coming up November 23-24 in Winter Garden that we may check out.
94. Getting to see the White Sox play in Tampa Bay. No
95. Being able to get more exercise by taking walks and biking the trails of Lake County year-round. No bikes yet, I’m not sure we will as Clermont is very hilly, but we do love taking walks around the area.
96. Enjoying the scenery of Florida, knowing that it will stay green year round, and not become brown and dead for six months out of the year. Yes, this is nice not seeing the deadness of winter, but we do miss the autumn colors.
97. Enjoy a hot dog at Casey’s whenever we want one BEST. HOT. DOGS. EVER.
98. Sit at Cosmic Ray’s and enjoy an entire Sunny Eclipse show You know, this was a must-do every vacation trip, but we have not been in there since we moved.
99. Take a yearly family picture in front of Cinderella Castle. We’re not consistent with this.
100. A family picture and mini-celebration immediately after we cross the Florida state line on our way to becoming Florida residents! We did not take a family pic, but there was great excitement in the car from the Florida state line all the way to Clermont!
So that’s our update to our bucket list. We could probably even make a new one, as we can think of additions to it that we didn’t include. What’s our your bucket list?