As we reach the 100-day milestone, we thought it would be fun to make a list of 100 things that we plan to do once we are settled in Florida. (We consider buying annual passes to Disney as part of being “settled”; so you won’t see it on our list!) 🙂 These are in no particular order, and certainly not an exhaustive list, just thoughts that popped into our head.
1. Resort hop. We have only ever stayed at POR-Riverside as a family, and we really want to experience each resort on property. So even though our current goal is to live 20 minutes away from Walt Disney World, we plan to do weekend stays at each resort, over the course of a year or two, and really take in the charm and uniqueness each resort has to offer.
2. Enjoy a Dole Whip
3. Attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
4. Attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
5. Go on a Disney Cruise! Right now with living in Wisconsin, the price of getting to the cruise has been a huge obstacle for us. We’re of the mindset that if we’re going to spend that much money, we’d rather spend it at WDW! Cruises are really very reasonable as long as you don’t have to travel over a thousand miles to get to one.
6. Explore Animal Kingdom Park. There are so many areas of AK that we have not discovered simply due to the intense Florida heat, or lack of time available to us. We have done the basics, such as Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Festival of the Lion King, Nemo & Friends and Kilimanjaro Safari, just to name a few. (There are more). But it seems that there is so much more to Animal Kingdom to take in, and we are looking forward to being able to do that in the cooler Florida months, when we have the time to dedicate to it.
7. Go to Magic Kingdom in the evening just for the parades
8. Have brunch at Chef Mickey’s
9. Ride the monorails, just for the fun of it
10. Start a new tradition of celebrating birthdays at Walt Disney World
11. Ride Splash Mountain at night during Wishes
12. Ride Big Thunder at night during Wishes
13. Listen to Lou Mongello’s audio guides while on Main Street/Adventureland/Fantasyland/Liberty Square and take the time to absorb all the details
14. Have lunch at Le Cellier
15. Watch Illuminations on a winter’s night, enjoying the fact that it is warm & there is no snow on the ground
16. Go to Universal
17. Go to Sea World
18. Explore the beaches of Florida–kids have never been to the ocean before. We plan to go to both sides of Florida: The Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean
19. Dinner with FL friends
20. Being able to meet Facebook friends who do not live in Florida but come to Walt Disney World on vacation. Shelley Urick Jones , we look forward to meeting you!
21. Lou Mongello’s WDW Radio Meets of the Month
22. Exploring the city of Clermont and getting to know our new home city
23. Spending time in the Parks with Stephen and Judy Demeritt
24. Meeting Marilyn Johnson in person!
25. Go to Gatorland
26. Enjoy the Osborne lights at the Studios as many times as possible
27. Enjoy making new friendships with all our Facebook friends who live in Florida
28. Walking through the World Showcase at Epcot while our kids are in school. We have not been able to explore all the countries because of the kids not wanting to spend time there.
29. The various shopping opportunities, not only at Walt Disney World, but at the many outlet malls in Orlando and the surrounding areas. Ikea!
30. Just enjoying the whole adventure of relocating to a new state!
31. Day trips to explore Florida: cities in particular that pop into our heads for no particular reason are Tampa, Naples, St. Augustine, and Jacksonville.
32. Shelling at Sanibel Island
33. Chuckling to ourselves in February when the temperature is 80 and sunny, knowing that back in Wisconsin it is probably blowing and snowing and bitterly cold. Will we miss snow? No we will not!
34. Taking in Bob Jackson’s show at the Port Orleans Riverside resort!
35. Staying at the Port Orleans Riverside resort for old times sake!
36. Christmas shopping at Downtown Disney
37. Riding down the Sassagoula River from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney (and vice versa)
38. Exploring the cities of Lake County
39. Visiting Celebration for leaf drop (to replace the Fall we will be missing in Wisconsin)
40. Being there for opening day of the new Fantasyland
41. Resort hopping at Christmas to see all the different Christmas decorations
42. Counting garbage cans to make sure the Demeritts caught them all 😉
43. Trying on every hat that is sold on Disney property
44. Food and Wine Festival
45. Enjoy a carrot cake cookie
46. Visit Star Wars weekend
47. Dinner, lunch and/or breakfast with Lou Mongello
48. Movie at the Downtown Disney AMC theatre
49. Trying all 500 flavors in the Coke Freestyle Dispenser
51. Enjoying the streetmosphere entertainment
52. Festival of the Masters
53. Going to the Night of Joy
54. Flower and Garden Festival
55. Holidays Around the World at Epcot
56. Sounds Like Summer at Epcot
57. The Candlelight Processional
58. Finding a good Friday fish fry!
59. Visiting the Kennedy Space Center
60. Riding TTA during Wishes
61. Sit at each of the Parks and take time to “people watch”
62. MLB Spring Training
63. Pick a fresh Florida orange from a tree
64. Go swimming on a warm December day
65. Enjoy a “work at home day” with Craig Petermann at Epcot
66. Take a family Christmas picture at WDW
67. Earn all the Gowalla WDW stamps and pins
68. Be one of “those people” checking in all over Lake Buena Vista with Foursquare
69. Move in to our new apartment in Clermont
70. Find the best pizza places in the area
71. Our first Saturday library visit to our new “home” library
72. Stroll the Boardwalk
73. Share a Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream with the family
74. Wild Africa Trek at AK
75. Pirates and Pals Fireworks
76. Backstage Magic Tour
77. Family Magic Tour
78. Get a haircut at The Harmony Barbershop on Main Street USA
79. The Pirates League with Ben
80. Keys to the Kingdom Tour
81. Walk through Fort Wilderness Campgrounds at Christmas to see the campers’ decorations
82. See a University of Florida football game
83. Stay in the Magic Kingdom until the wee hours of the morning to enjoy the peace
84. Orange Bowl Parade on New Year’s Day
85. Have a holiday sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich
86. Have a diabetic friendly treat at Babycakes
87. Go to Butterfly World
88. Swim with the manatees
89. Explore Florida’s state parks
90. Visit the Everglades allligator farm http://www.everglades.com/
91. Hearing the word blizzard and knows it only refers to a waterpark or a DQ dessert!
92. Go to Port Canaveral and watch the Disney ships leave port
93. Finding all of the local arts and crafts shows and fairs.
94. Getting to see the White Sox play in Tampa Bay.
95. Being able to get more exercise by taking walks and biking the trails of Lake County year-round.
96. Enjoying the scenery of Florida, knowing that it will stay green year round, and not become brown and dead for six months out of the year.
97. Enjoy a hot dog at Casey’s whenever we want one
98. Sit at Cosmic Ray’s and enjoy an entire Sunny Eclipse show
99. Take a yearly family picture in front of Cinderella Castle.
100. A family picture and mini-celebration immediately after we cross the Florida state line on our way to becoming Florida residents!